Solaris 10 Update 3 Released
Posted on December 12, 2006
Solaris 10 just gets more powerful all the time. Today Solaris 10 Update 3 (11/06) has been released. This brings a large number of features that have been in OpenSolaris for some time into the fully supported release. They include:
- SNIA Multipath Management API Support
- fsstat File-System Monitoring Tool (Very handy indeed!)
- ZFS Command Improvements and Changes, including RAIDZ-2, Hot-Spares, Recursive Snapshots, Promotion of Clones, Compact NFSv4 ACL’s, Destroyed Pools Recovery, Error Clearing, ZFS integration with FMA, and much more.
- Resource Pools now SMF’ized
- Zone Renaming, Moving, Cloning, Import and Export
- Logical Domains for sun4v
- Solaris Trusted Extensions
- Support for PCI Express
- Sun Fire X4500 SATA Disk FMA
- Adobe Flash Player Plugin for Solaris
- Solaris Trusted Extensions Desktops
- Solaris Flash Archives Improvements
- Secure By Default Network Profile
- ST Driver Support for Quantum LTO-2 and LTO-3 Tape Drives
- IIIMF and Language Engines Improvements
- … and much much more.
You can see the full Whats New on docs.sun.com and you can download it immediately from Sun.com.